RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security
From: "Darryl Wagoner" <darryl@shecora.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:57:15 -0400

If ARRL used their own membership files then you could by a cert
for the cost of a membership.  I have seen the fake paper cards
and the length the DX went to fake them.

That is one of the reasons that scanning a copy of the licenses isn't
good enough.  It needs to be postal marked from the country the license
was issued.  At least with paper cards for each award they get looked
at.  Not true for either LoTW or eQSL.cc.  For a TrustedQSL there is
no need.  For eQSL.cc well see my other message.

-Darryl WA1GON