Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security

To: wrt@dslextreme.com, k4sb@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security
From: "ted demopoulos" <kr1g@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 02:03:52 +0000
Wait a minute, do I understand this right?

You think the ARRL and FCC are joining together to plot against us, maybe to force us to reveal our Sociall Security numbers (required for updating FCC info now) so they can steal our identities or perhaps perform some anti-god experiment of some type??

Hey, although I exaggerate above, and perhaps misunderstood your message, I sat in on the meetings were we discussed these issues.

There is no plot. No men in black. No desire to take over the world. Just a bunch of guys trying to design the best system they could - and that means one that strikes a balance between security and usability among other things.

Hey, I believe in conspiracies at least as much as the next person, but there isn't one here. And if you think there is, you're perhaps out to lunch, or maybe they REALLY are out to get you and you're feeling the pressure :)

And I'll say it again, I LOVE paper QSLs

73
Ted KT1V, paranoid security dude by profession