Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Spam

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Spam
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:25:41 -0700
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:53:19 -0500, "Kenneth E. Harker"
<kharker@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Who cares if they spam a few thousand hams looking for that extra QSO
>or two?
>

>Doesn't it all add up?  Is any of it really _contesting_?  What makes
>pre-contest spamming any more ethically or socially acceptable than
>these other unethical score-booster activities?

Gotta agree with that.  I don't use packet myself when contesting, so
I have no personal interest in it.  I think the contest sponsors
should go ahead and allow self-spotting.  The clusters would be so
jammed full it would become worthless and we could all get back to
"real" contesting.  :-)

--
73, Bill W7TI