Re: [CQ-Contest] Oh well, there's always next year...

To: Ron Notarius WN3VAW <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Oh well, there's always next year...
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:55:10 -0800
Never even heard a EU station here in Las Vegas.  Did work some FK8,
3D2, T30, ZL, ZK1 and ONE (?) JA only.  No VS, DU, HL, HS, YC, etc.
About an hour before the contest ended the band went stone dead.
Thought the antenna came down except the other bands were coming thru
OK.  And where were all the VE's?.  Only heard/worked VY1 and ONT.  I
was able to work all the stations I heard except for my neighbor
states of WY, UT, NM, and AZ.  Heard them, they couldn't hear me.
73

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wrote:

> Was it my imagination, or were conditions downright terrible today (Sunday)
> in the contest?  If 10 was open to EU for more than about an hour or so
> today, I'd be downright surprised...  Wish now my boss had given me
> yesterday instead of today off, sounded (from what I overheard this
> afternoon) that condx were much better on Saturday.  Of course, having a
> snowstorm dumping 7" all morning around here didn't help!
>
> Thanks to all who managed to pull my signal out today.  Special thanks to
> Bill W3WH who was not only kind enough to loan me his shack for the day
> (even if I gave up in order to drive home before the slush turned to ice),
> but let me once again play with his Orion while doing so.  (I know what I
> want under the tree.  I'm not going to get one, mind you, but you never
> know... <g>)
>
> 73, ron wn3vaw

                                     Alan Zack
                     Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
                         Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
          Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                               SEMPER PARATUS