RE: [CQ-Contest] CB QRM in 10m test (opposite)

To: "'Robert Pack (NX5M)'" <nx5m@txcyber.com>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] CB QRM in 10m test (opposite)
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:36:30 -0000
> us know so that we all can use the same standard.  The route I took in
the
> above incident  might or might not have worked...but it was a start.
> I had to leave a frequency in the 10m contest due to this qrm.  It
really
> hacks me off!!!
>
> Bob NX5M

The 'proper channels':
To: rholling@fcc.gov
cc: cskolaut@arrl.org
I would not go direct to the companies, it is more likely to work if you
get the fcc to send them a nice letter like the ones that 'jolly roger
capital', 'shuford lumber' and 'tidewater transit' got in this summary:
http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2003/0726.html

the reply you may get when you send in url's for illegal equipment is
below:
-

                             FCC CONSUMER ALERT

                      Federal Communications Commission
                   Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
                   445 12th Street, SW Washington, DC 20554
                           1-888-CALL-FCC (voice)
                            1-888-835-5322 (TTY)
                               www.fcc.gov/cgb

         UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT SOLD ON INTERNET AND IN PUBLICATIONS

The Federal Communications Commission receives hundreds of complaints
about alleged illegal (non-FCC certified) equipment being offered for
sale on the Internet or in publications. The Commission is monitoring
this situation carefully and requests your assistance.  If you have any
information about illegal or uncertified equipment being offered for
sale, please forward it to the FCC.  Useful information for the FCC
includes:

* An original advertisement or Web address where the illegal equipment
is
  being advertised or offered for sale with the types of equipment about
which
  the allegations are being made, highlighted.

* If it is a Web-auction we will need the name of the auction site, the
exact
  item number, and auction opening and closing dates.

* Name and address of the individual or business offering the item(s)
for sale.

* Complainant's name and telephone number in the event follow-up is
necessary.
  This information can remain confidential, if requested.

* Specifically, why you think the equipment is not in compliance with
FCC rules.

* Number of pieces or types of equipment about which the allegations are
being
  made (one piece, five pieces, how many models, etc.).

Information can be mailed to the FCC at the address below or e-mailed to
fccinfo@fcc.gov.

                                 ###

  To receive information on this and other FCC consumer topics through
the
          Commission's electronic subscriber service, click on
                    www.fcc.gov/cgb/emailservice.html

-

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net