Re: [CQ-Contest] 10M NAQP Weirdness

To: Larry Schimelpfenig <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 10M NAQP Weirdness
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:31:05 -0600 (CST)
There ARE such things as Long-Delayed Echoes (LDE's).  I have heard them a
few times, even back in the days when there was no digital equipment to
spit back what it just received. Conditions may have been just right to
produce LDE's in areas of the country. The ones I have heard were too
delayed to be scatter return or signals traversing the earth, and too soon
to be from someone replaying it with a tape recorder.

73, Zack W9SZ