Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: contest expedition crates

To: "KEN SILVERMAN" <k2kw@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: contest expedition crates
From: KM9M-ZIG@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:23:10 +0000
I flew A/A in Oct 2003 to Antigua.  The only problem I had at EVERY security
check point from Chicago on was with my Bencher Paddles in my carry-on.  They
brought much scrutiny.  So much on the return flight customs stop in San Juan,
they were photographed, swapped and checked for explosives, plus I was given a
very thorough search... shoes off, wand, etc. That was security.  The custom
folks on V2 were real interested in the paddles too.

Moral of the story: If at all possible, check the HAM gear!  And keep in the
weight/dimensions/ # of pcs and you'll do just fine.  I'm going back twice via
this March.

Good luck and 73,
Zig KM9M (V26CW)