Re: [CQ-Contest] Airport security and ham gear

To: <n2mg@contesting.com>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Airport security and ham gear
From: "Milt Jensen" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:55:27 -0700
For the XZ0A trip four years ago, my home brew Beverage transformers were
encased in small pieces of one inch diameter PVC pipe and sealed with
silicone, with the RG-59 pigtail cable and the antenna plus ground wires
hanging out of them.  Fortunately they were part of the one ton+ of radio
equipment/antennas, etc. that was all together as we checked in at LAX.  A
simple explanation of the true nature of the "pipe bombs" was all they
needed.  I expected more trouble but got lucky.

Milt, N5IA