Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>,"Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:06:21 -0500
At 09:58 PM 2/25/04 -0600, Kelly Taylor wrote:
As for order, I prefer callsign last: TEST at the beginning sets things up
for someone tuning in at the beginning, call sign at the end leaves the
right info for someone tuning in mid-CQ.

I don't think this has yet been mentioned, but if you sound like a capable contester, then others tuning across and hearing only your callsign twice will probably conclude that it's a CQ, because when calling someone you would normally only send your call once. And of course there are exceptions -- so, indeed, "it depends", but I prefer TEST first and two of my callsign after.

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the World HF Contest Station Database Updated 9 Jan 04 www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm