RE: [CQ-Contest] Contest Cheating

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Contest Cheating
From: "Hanlon, Steve" <SHanlon@dnr.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:57:29 -0500
> I am still convinced of the value of packet, and am firmly in
> favor of keeping two single-op categories, one with packet and one without.

i believe there is value to having the two single-op categories.  the exact
reason as stated is enough justification.  i can not commit 36 hours to a
contest, esp. when the harmonic wants me to read him a story or go outside and
play.  family first.  so if i operated for a few hours here and there, spotting
would allow me to maximize those few hours and still log a respectible score.

when i do have the time to commit to a full contest effort, i would prefer to
not go up against those stations using packet.  armchair contesting vs.
hardcore contesting efforts - each as valid as the other, but not if competing
against each other.

-steve hanlon
KB3KAQ