Re: [CQ-Contest] Efficiently Calling CQ in CW Contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Efficiently Calling CQ in CW Contests
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <eu1sa@belsonet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:31:46 -0000
Gents,
Finally there came a thing I was long waiting for somebody to post it here:

> Guys, please..
> Saying contest or keying test means you are calling CQ in
> the contest.
> Saying your callsign only means you are trying to get a QSO with
> someone who just called a CQ on the band..
>
> Jukka OH6LI

It really says everything. Nothing to add except just one remark.
When people is doing S&P, they are going down the band listening to station
by station. Right? They hear a new signal, then they tune to this new
signal, and THEN they listen to what the new station transmits. What I want
to say is that people comes to your frequency in the middle of your
transmission! Consider this, period, when you are programming your macroses.
Then the what Jukka says applies.

Thanks and 73,
Vladimir EU1SA