Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea
From: "Paul D. Schrader" <n4xm@iglou.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:32:24 -0500
1)  One idea is for all East coast stations to point their beams
180 degrees from normal when working Europe.  Normal for all other directions.

That would about equalize the situation.

Wouldn't that be fun just once.

2)  I would also remind everyone about the old ARRL CW DX Contest
rule of only 6 contacts per country on each band would be nice.
But then the West coast couldn't compete with only 6 JA's to work.

3)  How about no USA CQs allowed.  Only hunt and pounce?  This
would certainly help the Midwest and West hear better.

73

Paul  N4XM