Re: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:36:09 -0500
KU8E wrote:

>   The packet issue has been discussed for a long time and it seems to me that
> the majority favor removing it from contesting.  Now it's time for the contest
> sponsors to react....

Whoa!  I think most favor the rules being enforced, not just doing away with
packet because contesters sometimes break that rule.  If we follow that logic
we should do away with the 10 minute rule, because sometimes contesters break
it - we should do away with power categories, because sometimes contesters
break that rule.  Where does it stop?  K1TTT has shown us techniques for
identifying potential self spotters.  I think the contests sponsors need to
take action on this empirical information, not the kind of "it seems to me"
information you talk about.

73 de Al, KE1FO