[CQ-Contest] FQP - 4 days and counting

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM, fqp@kkn.net, fcg@kkn.net,wcfla@mailman.qth.net, serc@mailman.qth.net, frcc@egroups.com (frcc),k3ww@fast.net, w7se@redrivernet.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FQP - 4 days and counting
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:11:16 EDT
Hello Again,

The Florida Contest Group has dedicated the 2004 FQP to the memory of Jim,
K4OJ.  It was through the tireless efforts of Jim that the FQP has grown to be
the popular event that we enjoy today.

In addition to countless fixed station committments, we now have 18 mobile
teams registered for the FQP plus at least one out-of-stater who is mobiling
into FL who has not registered.

If you are operating from any Florida county, whether fixed or mobile, please
register your operation at:

http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/fqpcounties.php

It will only take a minute and it will help the out-of-staters with their
county sweeps, especially our DX friends.

Speaking of DX friends, Axel, DL6KVA has sent us a note saying that he will
be FQP'ing on Sunday.  He needs Calhoun, Gulf, Liberty, Hernando and Walton to
complete his Florida counties.  The mobile teams are reminded to keep an ear
into the noise for the DX callers.  Last weekend, I was listening to Jim,
K8MR/m, in the MI QP, and he was missing some DX stations due to weak signals
and
local noise.  With band condx as poor as they have been, it might pay for the
mobiles to stop and turn off the engine every now and then to work the weak
ones.

A few words about logging.  Many logging programs now support the FQP.  Last
year, 88% of the logs came in from WriteLog, NA, CT, TR and N1NN Logger.
These programs all correctly support the Cabrillo file format that is used for
submitting FQP logs.  An additional dozen logging programs were used to submit
FQP logs last year.  We urge everyone to stay current with the latest release
of
your logging software, as some of the older releases have incorrect Cabrillo
formats and/or incorrect county abbreviations.  If you are not familiar with
computer logging for the FQP, send a note to www.floridaqsoparty.org and
someone will give you a hand.

And now for the absurd:  If you are mobiling through Sarasota County, don't
hit a pedestrian.  You will be fined $78.  It's the law!

OJ & 73, George - K4KG/m

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax