Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations

To: CQ-Contest Post <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:56:33 -0400
At K1IR, we have quite a few radios in play for our multi-single operations. We
find that the performance in the low-band environment of the 781, 765 and Orion
is better than what we get from our 1000MPs. But, our ops all really love the
human factors design of the MP and its performance on the high bands seems
quite good. We are going to give the W2VJN roofing filter a try in the MPs to
see if that helps on the low bands. If it does, I would be very comfortable
recommending the modified MP as a $1000-range option to seriously consider.

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com
web    http://www.designet.com/k1ir