Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations
From: "Rich Dailey, N8UX (2)" <redailey@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:47:10 -0400

I agree with K3LR, the 765 is one of the best contest radios that I have ever operated an owned. The rig is getting long in the tooth, but very serviceable. It has the sweetest sounding audio that does not drive you mad after 24 hours of contesting. The other one that is equal is the K2.

It is very serviceable indeed -

http://www.qsl.net/n8ux/icom.htm

I have repaired and performed the common mods on several 765s, belonging
to myself as well as others, and find it very roomy and comfortable to work on.
And the price/performance ratio is awsome.

Rich