[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters for M/S or M/M environment

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters for M/S or M/M environment
From: "Mihail Mateescu" <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:03:35 +0300
Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading the YR7M site from SO capable to M/S.
That means, among other, a second workplace equipped with transceiver and
linear amplifier. We expect to need bandpass filters at each workplace.

We have identified three manufacturers for such filters (homebrew is
excluded since we have barely enough free time to set-up antennas):

ICE via WX0B: model 419A, $228
W3NQN via WX0B: set of 6 filters, $525 plus FM-6 switch, $165
Dunestar model 600, $339
All models are 200W capable.

This is a large price variation for essentially the same product, so there
must be a catch. Please let us know your experience with these products as
well as your recommendation. Many thanks.

73 from YR7M team,
Mike, YO3CTK