Re: [CQ-Contest] CW speed training software for Windows (XP)?

To: rin JG1VGX <jg1vgx@jarl.com>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW speed training software for Windows (XP)?
From: Franz Nieberding <dk1ii@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rin,
I would be interested to download the software, but I cant read the website,
Its in Japanese, sorry! Any advise of how to get it?

73s de Franz, ZL2III, DK1II

rin JG1VGX <jg1vgx@jarl.com> wrote:
Hello,
My colleague, Yasushi JA1DYB is currently developing an XP-savvy, pileup
training software.
You can download it from here. FREE!!
http://www.geocities.jp/yasushi_hashi/pilemania/pilemania.lzh

Station list file is included as "Zlog.spc", but this one is for JA
domestic contests, so replace that with the following.
http://www.jg1vgx.net/etc/Zlog.spc
(WW DX type stations)

How to play:
1) Replace "My Call" and "Send Number" with your own.
2) Make a CQ with F1. You will be called back.
3) Fill in the "Call", and press F2, it will send Call and your number.
You can press F4 here to ask them to call you again.
4) Move to Number field with SPACE bar, then copy his number.
You can press F3 here to ask them to send NR again.
5) Use Enter to log a QSO.

Your opinion and bug reports are appreciated. I'll forward them to the
author, Yasushi JA1DYB.

73 rin JG1VGX (JA1ZLO op.)

kiddi> I have had difficulty finding good software for speed or pileup training
kiddi> for PCs running Windows (XP, in my case). Need help getting proficient
kiddi> above the 20-25 WPM level. Can anyone suggest something for this purpose?
kiddi>
kiddi> PED and RUFZ run on DOS only. Supposedly PED can be made to work with
kiddi> software called VDMSound, but I did not get it to work and, furthermore,
kiddi> that site keeps trying to send some suspicious stuff into my computer.
kiddi>
kiddi> I have tried G4FON, MorseCat/DK5CI, NuWare, and some others, but none
seem
kiddi> to offer the straightforward efficient pileup training modes available
in
kiddi> PED and RUFZ. Any suggestions?
kiddi>
kiddi> 73 de Kris, TF3KX