Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:20:03 -0500
N5RP:
> No Ken, I really don't care if someone wants to cheat in a ham radio
> contest,

KC1F:
>You'd care if you busted your butt assembling your station, and competing
and operating ethically, finished #2 in a major category, and #1 was
cheating.  Tell me I'm wrong...

        No, you are not wrong Stu.  I've had personal experience competing
with a fairly obvious cheat.  To their credit, the CQ Committee took action
and stopped it cold.  Cheating is wrong in any competitive endeavor as well
as in any aspect of life.

        I personally applaud K1TTT, the CQ Committee and all the log checkers
everywhere for their efforts to minimize cheating in our hobby.  If we don't
care, we have nobody to blame but ourselves when it takes place.  I believe
Dave is right to post his information which should apply peer pressure to
appropriate parties.

73, Bill W4ZV