Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww ssb spotting report
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:55:55 EST

In a message dated 11/3/04 2:10:59 AM Greenwich Standard Time, KI9A@aol.com
writes:

I think  illegal power & watching the cluster (while entering UA) are FAR FAR

worse, & potentially damaging to these stations you talk of, Stu. This  is
what
we need to focus on, not some knucklehead spotting himself. Why is  nothing
ever said about these other  offenses??..............KI9A

>From time to time these offenses are mentioned.  However, illegal  power and
watching the cluster are pretty hard to prove unless we have an  observer at
each station.

What TTT is doing, although it offers somewhat circumstantial proof,  is a
step in the right direction and certainly gives one some reason to  doubt the
ethics of some the ops.

After busting my butt building a first class station and spending the whole
freakin' weekend in the chair I want to know my best efforts were bested by
another guy who did the same thing...not some cheat who self-spotted.

Keep up the good work Dave.

Bill K4XS