Re: [CQ-Contest] Operator Error

To: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operator Error
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:23:49 -0500

On Nov 10, 2004, at 12:51 PM, Ken Widelitz wrote:

With regard to the inconsistent sending of precedence, checks and sections,
my understanding is that the log checking software is smart enough to flag
such stations' exchange as "unstable." Receiving stations are not penalized
in that situation.

With regard to how "unstable" numbers are treated, N6TR, who developed the
log checking software, would need to address the issue. I would suggest
sending in your log with a notation that errors were made in the numbers
that were sent.

Since the cabrillo format fully specifies the exchanges that were sent and received, so long as they are correct, it shouldn't be a problem, right? I mean, if the exchange sent actually matches what was sent, then shouldn't the log checking software be able to check against it?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!" -- Wilbur Wright, 1901