Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>,"CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: "Steve London" <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:56:22 -0000
The comments below are NOT intended as a personal slam on Hans, since I
recognize that this is widely practiced (and Hans is an all-around good guy
!).

This should be treated no differently than listening during your off-time,
which is clearly against the rules for all ARRL contests.  It can be argued
that the contest hasn't started yet, therefore it's not considered off-time.
However, ethically, this is as inappropriate as listening during an
off-time.

How about the ARRL making a statement on this practice in their "general
rules for ARRL contests" ?

Steve London, N2IC