Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: geoiii@kkn.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:23:34 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2004 7:48:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
geoiii@kkn.net writes:

-  Making skeds before the contest.
- Sending emails 'reminding' people to  work me in the contest.
- Warming up a frequency 30 mins before the  contest.
(I will get on and tune around a bit and work some guys to  find out
if my junk works)
- Using other bands in the 10  meter contest or in a single band effort
to find stations and move  them to the band I am on for the weekend.
- Using databases of past  exchanges or callsigns. SCP etc.
- Using packet to fill up the band maps  before the contest starts
and then turning it off - when  unassited.
- Running my amp when I am low power in an effrot to get to
the 150 or 200 watt limit.
- Having my friends feed me callsigns  that no one else will work.

Which ones are "cheating" and which are "pushing the envelope?"
It's pretty clear from this thread that we aren't going to get a consensus
any time soon.

Tom  Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City, Nevada
Contesting from the Comstock