Re: [CQ-Contest] windows-based contest programs: a question..

To: "k5zm" <k5zm@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] windows-based contest programs: a question..
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:04:19 -0500
N1MM Logger can be navigated very well without a mouse, and has an Enter Sends Message (ESM) mode that does TR one better. Awesome.

73, Pete N4ZR

At 01:24 AM 11/23/2004, k5zm wrote:

By and large, DOS is dead. But TR rocks.. Hopefully we all know that, too ;)
However, be it for good or bad, time marches on and Win based logging
programs will probably become more and more the standard.

Now, before I ask, let me say that I've NEVER used anything but TR and CT.
The former by choice and preference, the latter because that's what we've
got @ NQ4I (yes.. I've tried to sell Rick on TR. More than once;) Well,
there was that one time I used -or tried to use- WriteLog during some now
forgotten 'test.

At any rate, I do seem to recall that WL was extremely "mouse heavy". By
that I mean we were always having to dink with the mouse to activate a
field, etc. Assuming that WL is not alone in it's reliance on a mouse, I
gotta ask....

WHY??!!!!  Surely the same fields/tasks can be handled by keystokes(??).
Maybe it's just me going on a prior less than favourable experience and
perhaps things have changed. But i don't see why an op should have to take a
hand off of the radio/keyboard/whatever just because he's using a Win based
program.

OK.. flame away;)

73,
Ian, K5ZM
--
"Uh, this is no offense, but,uh... You are a robot, aren't you?"