Re: [CQ-Contest] one call sign

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] one call sign
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:59:36 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2004 8:44:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
n6tj@sbcglobal.net writes:
>>The rationale that only this call A61AJ could be made available, and
justifies an "extraordinary circumstance", just doesn't cut it either, in my
opinion.<<

Different countries have different rules and licensing regulations. Some
issue callsign to the station, some to the operator, some, like old Canadian
system, have callsign issued to the station and also operator's certificate. I
can
see that A61 can have own strict rules. I agree with Jim that if the contest
rules are spelled out not to allow multiple single band operations from the
same station/callsign then that's it. If the exception was made then perhaps it
should be announced on the reflector ahead, but again, not everyone is on and
confusion can ensue.

Doing single bands with the same callsign from big multi opens up for
speculations of going MM and if beaten by another one, just to claim single
bands.
Never mind packet if used.

While there is nothing wrong of having some operators to "drive in" to
another station, but driving super MM station in the single band category,
seems
like bringing Ferrari to Nascar. I always took pride in building and operating
my
own station in the contests,  I admire those who build their own stations and
pilot them to top boxes. But there come times when things change and old
champs look for other "vehicles".

So looks like with heat of competition we strive for pushing the bar. Can I
be exempt from just one signal per band? I'd like to have signal every 10 kHz
calling CQ, ...jus' kidding.

Yuri, K3BU.us