Re: [CQ-Contest] one call sign

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] one call sign
From: "Timo Klimoff" <timo.klimoff@dnainternet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:21:31 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "i4jmy" <i4jmy.mauri@gmail.com>
To: "Timo Klimoff" <timo.klimoff@dnainternet.net>
Cc: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 12:34 PM

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:39:51 +0200, Timo Klimoff
<timo.klimoff@dnainternet.net> wrote:
As we know that it is perfectly ok and allowed that you can work single band
but make some qsos all bands and submit the log with marking these other
bands as a check log ... then I understand this rule that "within the
limits of their chosen category when performing any activity that could
impact their submitted score" means that making skeds or moving multipliers
from other bands is prohibited. It, if something, is activity which is not
in the limits of chose category.

I'm not so sure, or better to say I disagree. Any qso made on different bands with the purpose to increase contest score is obviously out of SB rule, and this independently by the used call.

Current rules allow to work other bands (by sending other bands as a check log) during the single band entry but they don't allow to use same call in the several single band categories (except as we have learned now by asking permission from committee).

(both of these are 100% because I have seen CQWW contest committee writing about these points of rules)

Just to make this clearer ...

73, Timo OH1NOA