RE: [CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks - not

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks - not
From: <jukka.klemola@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:52:04 +0200
Season's greetings from Northern Europe.

> The view from the other side:
>
> #1.  Hearing a stopped CQ is not an invitation to try to
> steal time on a run
> frequency.  You have no idea what could be going on - by
> Sunday morning I am
> so tired I can barely remember to press F1.  It would be easy
> to press F1
> then ESC or kick the footswitch - voila, stopped CQ.

The view from my side:
When I stop transmitting CQ at OH0V, it means I SWITCH ON MY RECEIVER
to listen answers to my CQ.

I do not really expect the W2 and K4 stations to "unagreeably borrow"
my frequency.

Hear you when you answer the CQ.. sometimes I may answer your CQ.

Then a reality hit:
Sometimes the strong and allmighty SO3R stations are so full of great
thoughts they do not bother to wait me to stop my CQ.
They just colonize my frequency and continue like I never existed.

That really motivates me to find another frequency.

Some of those NGP (no good people) do send me a report if I answer
their CQ; that interpretes to me they did hear my original CQ but
did not really bother to listen S8 deep into the band as the message
was not interesting enough.

73 + XMAS,
Jukka OH6LI / OH0V / OH4A