[CQ-Contest] RE: The battle of the callsigns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: The battle of the callsigns
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:39:43 -0800
K6VVA wrote:.

>> I'd love to operate a contest as "E5E"  ... most likely THEE shortest
>> callsign on the planet :-)

Jim, N6TJ/ZD8Z added:

> And knowing our buddy CT1BOH so well, he would undoubtedly cut the number
> and send:

> E E E

Jose was kind enough to do an analysis for me:

> E5E last 0,6 seconds @ 35 WPM
>
> K6VVA lasts 1,939 seconds @ 35 WPM

I know you love cut numbers, Jimbo. Alas, I guess a partial relief for me (if it were legal) could be:

T T E E E

...or better yet, to drop the spaces and just send:

7

If the FCC says it's OK (doubtful), should hear just the number "7" in place of a callsign, you'll know who it is :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA