Re: [CQ-Contest] $1000 receiver performance

To: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>,"cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] $1000 receiver performance
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:32:46 -0800
At that power level input, you will have serious leakage around the
'850's filters. When I was using it for contesting, I could hear a
strong station well before it was actually in the bandpass. The '870 had
no such problem. If you want to stay with Kenwood, I'd recommend the
'870. If it had 6 meters, I'd probably still have mine today, but I
opted for the IC-746PRO and have been impressed by its performance.

--
Bill, W6WRT