Re: [CQ-Contest] CW keyer for QRQ?

To: w2up@mindspring.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW keyer for QRQ?
From: Tom Hammond <n0ss@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:55:32 -0600
At 07:45 AM 3/20/05, Barry, W2UP, wrote:
>I currently use a CMOS Super Keyer III, which is limited to 60 WPM.
>I need a keyer that will do 70-80 WPM, and preferably is calibrated
>so you know what the speed is.  Anyone have any suggestions?

 From the CMOS III v2. manual:

   /Udd Ultra-speed - sets the ultra-speed speed mode for a
        message. Range is 70-990 WPM, where "dd" are the two
        digits representing the first two numbers of the speed
        setting desired. For example, "07" is 70 WPM, "77" is 770
        WPM. This command is used primarily for meteor scatter
        work. Note that Weighting (W), Compensation (K), and Tone
        (T) settings are disabled during Ultra-speed message
        transmission. Also, messages using both regular speeds and
        ultra speeds can be created. To exit the Ultra-speed mode,
        (and return to the speed control setting), it is necessary
        to use a work-around. At the end of the desired
        ultra-speed text, send /SUØ1 /SDØ1. This trick tells the
        keyer that the ultraspeed part is ended, and returns the
        keyer to the regular speed. Alternately, the message can
        be returned to a lower range speed by use of the /S
        command, such as /S20, but this will send text following
        the ultra-speed text at 20 WPM in this case, rather than
        the speed set by the panel speed control.

Maybe this'll help!

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS