Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up
From: Gary Sutcliffe <w9xt@unifiedmicro.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:00:53 -0500
After the disaster with the forum rooms last year I can understand the
desire for a better location, but I agree with Jim.  I can usually get away
from my booth for a couple of the more interesting presentations for the
antenna and contest forums, but with them located off site there was no
hope of that.  For me this year's Dayton was a little less fun for that reason.

Also, as an exhibitor who caters to contesters and who pays to have a booth
at the HARA it is not a good sign to see  your customer base located off
site. It is especially discouraging to see posts on this reflector
suggesting that you should not even bother going down to the HARA the other
days.

Attendance by vendors and regular attendees has been dropping every year.
Moving some of the activities off site is only going discourage vendors
from showing up, and that will accelerate the drop in regular attendees.
Please find a way to keep these forums at the HARA under reasonable conditions.

73 - Gary, W9XT

Unified Microsystems
w9xt@unifiedmicro.com
www.unifiedmicro.com