Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:05:51 EDT
How about a thread wrap up?

Conventions are about Fellowship, Forums and Flea Markets. Which do you use
to evaluate the event?

Dayton is a cattle drive, too spread out, old facilities, too many  propeller
heads. Visalia is crowded and geographically inconvenient. Technical  forums
are usually pretty droll, except if you are extracting info you need.
Presentations are most always dull because it is not a requirement to have any
public speaking skills to go on a DX pedition.

So change that which you can, accept that which you can't and have the
wisdom to accept the difference. I ran Houston Ham Conventions for a number  of
years and will not criticize the efforts to put events like these  together.
Neither should you critics unless you have event-management experience  and are
ready to jump in and take charge. Anyway,  I go for the  fellowship, so I am
never disappointed.

CU in the VHF Contest this weekend multiop with KL2A signing K7RC on 6, 2
and 432.

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Contesting from the Comstock
W7RN -  K7RC