Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up
From: "Brian Lambert" <n1ik@n1ik.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:16:32 -0400
I'll chime in with two cents.

This was my first Hamvention.  When I wandered into several of the
contesting-related exhibitor booths, and they asked me what my thing was,
and I said I was a contester, just getting a decent station together, THREE
different ones told me they were really upset that "all the contesters were
at the hotel".  So, I think it's clear that the major exhibitors felt the
absence of their core customers.

Now, whether any of the 600 or so contesters were going to buy anything at
the show is another story.

Reason I bother to post this is that reading this thread rang a bell and
reminded me that I had heard this.

Best 73,

Brian, N1IK