Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@qrz.ru>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:44:12 +0000
 Hello cq-contest,

 Monday, July 25, 2005 Warren C. Stankiewicz wrote to cq-contest@contesting.com:

WCS> Awards like DXCC, and Honor Roll, et al, are exactly that. Awards. It's a
WCS> piece of paper (I have a couple on my wall), or maybe a plaque, if you're
WCS> one of the Deserving. Take your DXCC certificate and a dollar to Denny's,
WCS> and they'll give you a cup of coffee--but don't forget the dollar.

We  work  for  HR#1 or Challenge not for a "piece of paper" or plaque.
Your  words  about  a cup of coffee show that you never were into that
races seriously, I mean DXCC and DXCC Challenge.

Actually  I  think  that  those  of  us taking part in ARRL's DXCC and
Challenge programs do NOT find LoTW "too complex".

WCS> The reason LOTW is requiring this complexity and level of digital
signatures
WCS> is because the importance some hams have placed on the perceived
"integrity"
WCS> of the program is far beyond the actual intrinsic value of the awards it
WCS> relates to. It's an award, not the Holy Grail, and too many people have
WCS> obsessed about it way too far for way too long.

Warren, that's what I've found it in my archives folder, look the date
and  recipient  of  the  message  :)  I  found  Dick's arguments still
effective :)

from [Dick Green WC1M] [Permanent Link][Original]