Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 01:41:44 +0000
Hi all:

For US hams, this isn't that bad.  They mail a postcard to the address
on your FCC license.  No photocopies, no passports.  The
software could be a bit easier to use, but again isn't too bad
and accepts the same files I send to the contest sponsors
these days.  Hopefully, foreign amateur radio associations will
start to do this as well which would make it less onerous for
others.

Once you have the original certificate, all it takes is an e-mail to
get certificates for other callsigns (in my case, VP5Y, KG4NA,
KP2/KD4D, VY2/KD4D, PJ2M, etc).  So, at least you only have to
go through the qualification process once!

I think it's fun looking every now and then to see the new
"QSL's" too.  And, I hope some day it will reduce the paper
QSL burden.  I'm at about 15% of contest QSO's confirmed and
I appreciate the participation of everyone!  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D