Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:39:16 -0500

> I doubt there is a queue of people waiting at the CQ doorstep
> to jump in and volunteer to do this work.  I've done a small
> bit of volunteer log checking in the past, and know that it's
> a thankless job for the most part.
>
> As this comment illustrates.
>
> 73 de Lee

Hi, Lee

Given that a lot of volunteer jobs are thankless and not as rewarding as
others, maybe if someone (Lee, any other log checkers, etc.) would be so
kind as to describe the functions and procedures of volunteer log checkers
it might help create or extend the "queue of people waiting at the CQ
doorstep".

What does a log checker do to check logs?

What tools do they use?

What skills are required?

What experience, references, etc., must a log checker have?

How does one apply to become a log checker?

How are logs distributed to and how many logs are given to log checkers to
check?

What time is involved in checking logs?

Thanks and 73,

Dale, kg5u