Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Support

To: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Support
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:31:22 -0700
Jim George wrote:
> I don't understand how people who are contesters actually are complaining
> about the sponsors while not supporting these sponsoring organizations.
>
> Jim George N3BB

What do you mean by supporting the sponsors?  For the DX stations to
participate
in the contests should be enough support.  I have been a subscriber to CQ
Magazine for more than 25 yrs and also to CQ CONTEST when it was being
published.  All most of us is asking is that CQ Contests test results be posted
on a web site as well as printed in the magazine so we don't have to keep a
stack of magazines for years just to have a record of contest results.  As
mentioned by others this should not be a big ordeal, all the info is in the
magazine, just post a .pdf or word file, whatever, from the magazine on the web
site for future reference.

And yes, it would be nice if certificates and plaques were mailed out in a
timely manner.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired