Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Support

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>, "Andrei Nevis" <v49a@yahoo.com>,"Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"Chris Pedder" <chris@g3vbl.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Support
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:50:42 -0700
I agree 100% with Kelly on this.

We should be operating the contests for fun.  Period.

For those so desperate  for cheap wallpaper, because they didn't get their
so-deserved certificate 2 years ago, I'm sure I can rummage around the
garage and find a few dozen certs, still probably in their un-opened mailing
tubes that I'll be happy to provide on a permanent loan.

Might even throw in some trophies or plaques that are sitting around
collecting dust.  You pay the shipping, of course.
(And no one please write about how undeserving/ungrateful that I must be
that I don't appreciate the effort and costs that someone expended in giving
me an award.  Maybe when I retire from this game in 34 years, I'll sit in my
wheelchair, listen to my hours of contest tapes, fondle my trophies, if I
can still see them, and drool on my certificates.  Today, I just don't give
a hoot.)

For those who complain about the lack of service provided by all the
hardworking magazine staff and Committee members, I am sure that they would
more than welcome YOU as an unpaid volunteer.  Drop K1AR a note, please.

And supporting a contest should be more than just operating it.  Support the
sponsors too, please.

Contesting is fun.  Contesting is good.  One hundred years from now, no one
will even remember that you (we) existed (except for maybe K1AR).

Please stop taking yourself, and by extension contests, so seriously.

Jim Neiger   N6TJ