Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN/Log disclosure (was: Re: RES: D4B QRT)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN/Log disclosure (was: Re: RES: D4B QRT)
From: "Braco OE1EMS" <oe1ems@emssolutions.at>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:51:19 +0200
CQ WW Comite use allready software to check  logs
and compare DXCluster spots with log
software checks how many QSO's  are in a log within 10 minutes of a packet
spot.

they have for sure more others tools to find out possible cheating
the main problemm is they are not always 100% sure about that.....
it´s not quite easy to "hang" all possible cheaters

if you ask me i will remove unassisted category beacuse it´s allmost
impossible to
find out for 100% who is using DXCluster and who not!
if you can´t stop this kind of cheating...just legalized them....

we have also many other problemms
self spoting is also one of them to....
many stations operating in SO category with 2 or more operators
some station using even not legal callsign during contest
some of them operating from neighbour country using own(other country)
callsign...etc.....

of course if contest commite start to be hard and punish all possible
cheaters there
will be many innocence station to......just think about that you can be one
of them?!

i am sure CQWW commite is making good job
but everything can be better that for sure.
i am also not quite happy about some rules and many other thing
but if i want to participate in one contest i have to accept
the rules.
we can make some suggstions to contest commite but they must not accept them
there is no reason to be angry if they dont want to change sommething
i think it´s not always quite easy for organizer(contest commite) to accept
help comming from outside.....
but i am sure(hope) is case of CQWW commite  this going to change very sun.

stop be critacal and try to find best way how to make contesting better!

73 es best dx
OE1EMS/OE4A
Braco