[CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight
From: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:38:41 +0000
This was exactly my point in the earlier posting.   I am a software engineer
by profession and I am
responsible for providing the "push" infrastructure behind the the ESPN.com
web sites.   While I
cannot disclose the actual capabilities of this system, I can assure you
that supporting the
concurrent connections of all contesters and interested specators is easily
doable.

I'm not talking about a static web page that must be periodically refreshed.

Opening up the UBN's/logs would be a step in the right direction IMHO, but
it would not stop the
post contest 'massaging' of log data.

I agree that knowing where your competitors stand would also have some
positive motivational side
effects.

Now that I think of it, there are some parallels here with auto racing.
The 'car' being the station
of course.

73's
Guy, N7ZG

>>This thread seems to be focusing on "releasing" logs
after the event, for later scrutiny.  Why stop there?
Why not "compete in the daylight" in the first place?
Why not know your position against other competitors
while the contest is still going on?<<

Let's do the first step (publish logs), we been trying to get this for few
years. Walk before you run!!!

Compete in the daylight? What would that do?
Like, when we compete, we take it easy, and then when we think someone is
beating us, "we step on the gas"?
So we will be watching how we do instead of running the contest?

Not here, thank you! I want to prepare for contest (never enough time),
enjoy
operating (seriously, or just hand out contacts), submit the log and (sooner
or later) find out how I did.

73  Yuri, K3BU.us