Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight
From: Craig Cook <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:24:00 -0700
That is a bit far-fetched. If DARC *allows *packet, then it isn't cheating
anymore. That would be like me saying "Since ARRL won't stop dirtbags that
use 2 radios, and I'll never afford a 2nd one, I'm going to quit SS". You
can't pick and choose which technological advancements are or are not
cheating.
  I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think the subject is
interesting.
 For awhile after most everyone was using CT or NA, I was logging on paper
with those paper dupe-sheets. I have a computer now.
 As far as WAE, not "everybody *has* to use packet".
N7OR

 On 10/12/05, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/12/05 2:44:21 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
> guy_molinari@hotmail.com writes:
> Also, if the new station worked is less
> than x kHz away (let's say 2) it would not be considered a hit
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> . Perhaps a good idea if the band is crowded, like 40 meters at the start
> of
> the contest. However, not a good idea at other times. For instance, the
> band
> is just opening on 10 meters while I am running on 15. I am going to be
> picking up lots of mults strong stations on my second radio. Since there
> are not
> too many stations coming through yet, and the band is big, there will be
> lots
> of kHz between each station I work. Using your method, I may look like a
> cheat.
>
> By the way, I never use packet for contesting. That is one reason I don't
> operate the WAE anymore. Because DARC couldn't control the dirtbag packet
> cheaters, everybody has to use packet. I have several of the "license
> plates" for
> winning in the 90's and really enjoyed the QTC aspect. But, since DARC
> refuses to have a separate class for non-packet, I am QRT for WAE.
>
> Bill K4XS

Craig - N7OR