Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating

To: "'Cq-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <W5OV@W5OV.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:01:08 -0500
Mal,

If I understand you correctly, you assume that someone is cheating if they
work you after you were spotted?  How far after a spot do you extend that
belief?  Is it a "within x minutes after a packet spot everyone I work is a
cheater" thing?

How do you know that the person did not just happen to tune by or perhaps
might hear the mini-pileup that sometimes results from a packet spot and
stop to work you?

I would like to understand how you reach this type of conclusion.

73,

Bob W5OV