Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone(s) of UA9S, UA9T

To: "'Mario'" <s56a@bit.si>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone(s) of UA9S, UA9T
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:24:09 -0000
You may beware if you want, but the cty file is correct that ua9s/t are
counted as zone 16.  This is an extract of an ealier post that contained the
definitive answer from k3est... But basically ua9s/t are asia for points, 16
for zone multiplier, and asiatic russia for country multiplier.

<quote>
Response from K3EST:

Hello Art,

Your question is a good one. The CQ WW contest uses several sources for
determining multipliers. Country multipliers are determined by DXCC +
additional WAE countries. Continents are determined by WAC. Zones are
determined by WAZ. There are really three different questions. The WAZ does
not determine countries or continents. These sources are mentioned in the
CQ WW Rules.

Here is what they say:
WAC rules state:

Europe includes the fourth(sic) - sixth call areas of Russia (R1-6).
No mention of UA9 as being in Europe.

DXCC rules state:
UA9/0 = Asiatic Russia
Therefore UA9S/W = Asiatic Russia.

WAE Country list:
1AØ, 3A, 4U1I, 4U1V, 9A, 9H, C3, CT, CU, DL, EA, EA6, EI, ER, ES, EU, F,
G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GM/s, GU, GW, HA, HB, HBØ, HV, I, IS, IT, JW, JW/b, JX,
LA, LX, LY, LZ, OE, OH, OHØ, OJØ, OK, OM, ON, OY, OZ, PA, R1F, R1M, RA,
RA2, S5, SM, SP, SV, SV/A, SV5, SV9, T7, T9, TA1, TF, TK, UR, YL, YO, YU,
Z3, ZA, ZB.
No mention of UA9S/W. All RA are in Europe (obviously, European Russia).

WAZ list says:

Zone 16. Eastern Zone of Europe: UR-UZ, EU-EW, ER, UA1, UA3. UA4, UA6, UA9
(S,W), US, UC, UO, and R1M (M V, Island)

DXCC = UA9/0 = Asiatic Russia
WAC = UA9/0 = Asia
WAE = Doesn't count UA9S/W as being in Europe.
<unquote>

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net