Re: [CQ-Contest] An Observation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An Observation
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:34:33 EST

In a message dated 10/31/05 7:17:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hodgson@cytanet.com.cy writes:

Gentlemen, it came to my notice during the CQWW SSB Contest that it  would be
a whole lot easier and quicker if everyone used the correct phonetic
alphabet and dropped the ''Guatamalas,Londons and  Japans''

I find it a lot better to alternate frequently between two relatively
standard sets of phonetics. Between the peculiarities of my own diction and
listeners for whom English in most cases is a second language, one or the other
 sets
should get it right.

Hence, operating from K8AZ as I did this past weekend, I'd alternate  between
"Kilo Eight Alpha Zulu" and Kilowatt Eight America Zanzibar", often in  the
same CQ.

Do, however, stay away from wierd though perhaps cute phonetics.  So  no
"Kissing Eight Albanian Zebras".

73  -  Jim   K8MR