Re: [CQ-Contest] An Observation

To: "Steve and Judy" <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An Observation
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:22:17 -0000
Whoa: let's back this train up. Who decides what the """correct""" phonetics
are? The phonetics you cited are the commonly accepted military phonetics,
which is what we should expect from someone whose prefix is ZC4. I spent 99% of
my contest time listening to 75m. I heard "RADIO FREQUENCY" and "NORTH AMERICA"
get through to the orient with no problems, I also heard "UNIFORM CHARLIE" get
through, and  I also heard "OCEAN GERMANY" blow down every pile-up he got in.
It's whatever you the operator are most comfortable with speaking. If you're
having trouble getting through with your preferred phonetics try an
alternative. In order to be successful in contesting you need to be comfortable
and  not be worrying about being 'politically/militarily correct'.
And you wonder why CW is my contest mode.........

MAL         N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia