Re: [CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 02:57:07 -0800
Hi Warren,

It's not necessarily a matter of deliberately "not hearing".  While I
can usually copy contest stuff at a bit over 30 under good conditions,
if I'm very tired I can't.  The beginning of SS on Saturday was a good
example of this when I had to drop down to 23 in hopes that callers
would respond near the same speed.  Now, even though I run LP, I can
hold a run frequency for quite a while, sometimes for several hours.  I
often get mini pileups of 3-4 callers.  When this happened on Saturday,
anybody calling at more than about 25 got ignored while I worked the
folks I was able to copy easily.

I guess I have to ask whether, when you made your first call, you
matched the speed of the CQing station.  Lots of folks didn't match
mine, requiring time wasting fills.  Lots of folks did come close enough
to matching mine that there was no problem.

73, Jim   VE7FO