Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero point Qs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero point Qs
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:51:53 -0500 (EST)
I am also not in favor of changing the rules to make CQ WW a hybrid of WPX and
CQ WW.  CQ WW is the Best contest because it is what it is.  However, I do
understand the zero point Q issue of the big multis.  To me, the best answer is
to change the rules to:

No Country Credit for your own country (this affects everyone in the world the
same...decrease one country mult on each band)

You can't get credit of any kind for a zone by working your own country.  US
will have to work VEs for 3/4/5 and vice versa for VEs.  In the case (ie XE)
where it might be impossible to work your zone if you are the only active
country in the zone, you won't be in any worse shape than any other contester
in your country.

In this way, a station like NQ4I should get no more "non counting" calls than
he would get in ARRL DX.  I am assuming that Rick won't be advocating having
W/VE Qs count for a point in that too......

If you want to solve the problem but not change the flavor of the contest, this
is the way IMHO.

Ed  N1UR

Thanks for the Qs in CQ WW SSB and CW (DX or Domestic).