Re: [CQ-Contest] 160 window in ARRL 160m contest,

To: ve3zi@rac.ca, Contest <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160 window in ARRL 160m contest,
From: Ron Feutz <feutz@wctc.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:38:50 -0600
Roger,

I tried fruitlessly to inject some common sense into the issue on the
Topband reflector.  It is a very simple.  NA stations, with rare
exceptions, shouldn't CQ in the window as described in the rules of
the contest. Anyone who needs to have this explained won't understand
the answer.
The thread quickly degenerated into the same irrelevancies and
nonsense that frustrated you.  It seems the world is full of wanna-be
lawyers who love to read their own biting insights and subtle
witticisms on these reflectors.

Left undiscussed was the use of the window by loud Caribbean stations
as their own private clear channel to run the US, as the thread was
cut off when this subject came up.

73, Ron KK9K