Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 - Where are all the people?

To: <py5eg@iesa.com.br>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 - Where are all the people?
From: "VE3DZ" <va3uz@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:11:42 -0500
Hi Oms.
Thanks for your comment.
I fully respect the right of organizers to create own selection criteria. I
was at 3 previous WRTC's so I completely realize what kind of effort should
be done to organize such an event.

I made my comment in response to K9GY in which I tried to explain my point
on the low activity of applications submission.

My point regarding M/S:
For instance - RW1AC is one of the main operators at RU1A. he only did 3 SO
contests in the last few years, all of them being winning scores in WAE
Contests. And because the limit to M/S scores is only 4 , he can submit only
7 scores instead of 8.
He was a part of 3 previous WRTC, but he will probably miss this WRTC
because of that.
Some great ops from RU1A, RW2F or UU7J (to name a few) won't be able
to make it as well as some other guys who spent more time doing Multi Op
rather than Single Op.

My point regarding SS and Sprints.
As for Sweepstakes, just one simple example on VE (since I am VE myself,
hi) - SS SSB 2003 VE6JY (op VE5MX) earns 450 points (because he is Top
Canadian) not even making a Top Ten and at the same time VE3DZ earns only
405 points as one of the 2  ops at ZF2NT winning World M/S in the ARRL DX CW
2003... This is just one example, there are few more ...
I understand that Sprints and SS scores were added to selection criteria
later "by request". So how would people know that they should have done more
domestic contests instead of DX to qualify for WRTC?
And why not add EU Sprints for Europeans?

Again, I didn't intend to start a flame or something, just expressed my
opinion which may be wrong, of course.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Yuri  VE3DZ