[CQ-Contest] Qsl Practices

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Qsl Practices
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:16:08 -0500
In reference to Ed's message, I am 100% in agreement with him with the
exception on one issue. I am an active dxer and contester. In an average year,
I will make over 10K qsos. In an average year, I might receive 3000 qsls via
the bureau. from a practical matter, it is very difficult to respond to that
many bureau cards. Many bureau cards are for every qso this station has ever
made with me; ie dj6..ea8..., etc

As a practical method, I have become very selective to which ones I will qsl
back ......specifically all qsl requests for 160m, 80m, 40m, and the warc bands
and special requests for state, county, qrp, etc

I qsl 100% to all direct requests, with or without SASE.

I am sorry if my practice offends others on this reflector, but like Ed, I am
being honest. Maybe when I finally retire, I will have the time to qsl 100%. As
of now, I urge many dx stations to qsl direct to me and even state that it is
not necessary for them to send me any postageI

73, Carol